I hope that all of you who are reading this have a comfortable home. I hope that no matter what your situation – between homes in a parent’s basement, McMansion, smelly dorm room, cardboard box – that there is a place in your home that you love more than all the other spots.
Our house is cramped. I share 1,000 sq ft with 5 other humans and 4 rats (Rats on purpose in cages, not “Oh, hey! Whoops! We have some rats, I guess.”) There are 2 people in each bedroom and there is one bathroom. The yard is small, the kitchen is ugly, but we are fortunate.
I hardly ever am physically alone. There’s always someone in the same room as me. If, by some chance, I can escape and actually be in a room alone, someone is talking to me through a door.
So, since I don’t have an actual sanctuary, I’ve had to make the best of what I do have and find a way to be relaxed and happy while sharing space with other people.
Meet my favorite spot.
If I was going to saturate a cushion with the smell of my own poop bubbles, this is the one I’d choose. Everything about it is perfect.
- It’s soft yet has appropriate back support.
- It’s beside a window, which I can open.
- It’s by a register, which keeps me warm or cool, depending on the season.
- I can see out the window to either watch my own kids or shake my fist at the kids from the local high school who walk in my yard.
- It’s by my favorite lamp.
- The Husband usually won’t choose to sit by me here, therefore I don’t have to feel bad about hogging the whole thing.
I love this spot. I have big plans to mold this love seat into the exact shape
and smell of my body. It won’t be pretty, but it’ll be so, SO perfect!